Thursday, October 1, 2009

Update

Decided to go for a 2 mile run tonight. I just didn't feel like I worked hard enough today, at least not hard enough to get what I want. Kinda feel like I cheated my goal. Plus, I've heard many say that running helps to clear the mind. Thats what I need and don't know why. Its not like i have a lot on my mind, just a bunch of little things that don't amount to much I guess.

So...this time I left my Ipod and my dog at home and journeyed out with only the rain, some puddles and my breathing to accompany me. Its amazing, I start off horrible, wheezing and gasping the first half mile and then breathing almost calmly the last. I was able to calm my mind down a bit too, should sleep well tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Just catching up again.... I just told Nathan.. Ya know I always heard people say " I really feel so much better, with more energy" when they work out and keep an exercise routine and I just thought how is that really? Do they really feel that different? And now I believe it! Wow... maybe I need some motivation myself. I am sooooooooooooo not frickin hittin Panama City Beach as is! I am gonna have to do something!!! Hmmmm..... Motivation... where are you... I am gonna have to hunt you down!!!! Keep up the great job Uncle Dave!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I kinda fell on my face this morning, I do feel really good and its weird. You should have seen me at work yesterday, I was like a giddy ten year old. Maybe thats the reason for my crash, I need to better harness this new found energy. As for motivation, unfortunately for me, it came with age.

    ReplyDelete