Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Pre90x day 1

Where to begin...I gave up a 20+ year smoking habit in May of 2008. I had all intentions of reclaiming my health, eating better and getting back in shape. I even ran a 5k two months after I quit and was feeling pretty good about myself. Thats when the pounds started adding up.

I had always considered myself to be in good condition (atleast in appearance) Six foot tall and 175 lbs in my twenties, 185 in my thirties and now 2 months past my fortieth and I'm a whopping 217 lbs....Its time to make some changes.




So I'm commited to doing this P90X thing. Sent away for it today along with a chin up bar and some push up stands. It should all be here in the next 10 days but I'm not sitting on my butt waiting.


I've been making a mostly lame attempt at running for the last month or so however I'm starting to pick it up a bit in anticipation of next weeks arrival. A two mile run/walk which means I run when I can run and I walk we I need to walk. Up at 5:45 for the last 3 mornings in a row, going for 4 so I better get to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment