Monday, October 19, 2009

Day 30 of P90X - ***Update***

Well I finally made it to day 30. Its went by pretty quickly and I've put in a lot of grunting and groaning in that time.I also learned some things along the way...One, there is no quick fix or magic pill, only hard work and dedication. Two, I've never tried to lose weight before and I never realized how damn hard it is to do so. And three, P90X is EXTREME!

So, the results are in and I'm really happy with where I am. I guess the numbers could be better but that's all they are...numbers. Sure, I could have tightened my diet and I could have pushed it a little harder. Then again, I could of just as easily got burned out or grew resentful, maybe even called it quits...but I didn't. I think I did the best that I could do these last 30 days and I can't expect anything more from myself. Besides, I got 60 more days to improve...I'm right on track.

I'm not going to swear by these measurements, I had the Mrs. help me and it seemed like every time we measured something, particularly chest and shoulders, the numbers changed. I'm no seamstress, so in all fairness, all the numbers I posted are what I would consider to be the numbers that showed the least amount of favoritism.

6 comments:

  1. DUDE Awesome results so far. Like you said there are no marks to measure the exact same spot everytime. They are a rough guide line for change. The proof is in the pictures bud. There is a definite change there. That is a great BF% loss with only 8 lbs body weight. It shows that your body is burning the goo and building the muscle.
    I agree with your assessment of your nutrition. You could have been super gung ho and burned yourself out before you saw the change. Now with a month under your belt you can re-evaluate if you want to tighten up.
    The next 30 days will provide even better results for you. Do you want to feed the warrior? FEED THE WARRIOR SOME MORE P90X!!!

    Stay strong dude,

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I can't believe it!!! Great Job! You can totally see a huge difference!!! Keep up the hard work!!!! Yay Uncle Dave!!!! I can't wait for your lil bro to see these pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dave...I have to agree with Steve and Mooky...Awesome results! It sounds like you brought it...and I know you'll keep on bringin it! Onto Month 2...You're going to kill it even more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always thanks a million Steve. The BF% I'm sure are just an estimate even though I used the same calc for both sets of measurements, I think the 3 1/2 inches I lost from waist and hips played a huge role because they're major factors in the calculations. But like we've said they're just numbers, even the pics can't tell how great I feel inside. Always enjoy reading your blog, great work man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MOOKY, tell that little weakling of a man that I'm about to throw down the gauntlet. I've got an extra, sealed in the box, p90x system that some ebay jerk wouldn't refund, that I will let go to my little bro for the one time price of $79.99...lets talk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs. Lisa, as always a pleasure, knowing that your right on my tail keeps me going lol! So glad to see your sticking with it and LOVING it, now lets finish this damn thing!

    ReplyDelete