Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Day 23 of P90X - Core Synergistics

First impressions of core synergistics, I likey. For some reason I didn't think it was going to be so challenging (duh!) but I did very well , you might even say I impressed myself. That's the funny thing about P90x, its such a roller coaster of a ride. After some work outs I feel like I've conquered the world and after others, it feels like I'm holding it on my shoulders.

I'm still buggin about yesterday's weigh in, its got me second guessing if I'm really bringing it. Lets not forget that I'm a 40 year old ex smoker, what if my definition of bringing it, is what some people consider a warm up? So, for now I feel great and I've decided that I'm really going to test my limits this week, so long as I have the energy and I'm not sore or injured. Then maybe I'll know if I'm bringing it or not. I did a 2 mile run last night, core synergistics today, ab ripper x tonight and another 2 mile run after that. Sound like fun? 67 more days to go.




Inspirational quote of the day

"Failure will never overtake you if your determination to succeed is strong enough."

2 comments:

  1. WOW! The core synergistics scare me! I don't get to it until next week....I'll tackle that next week. ;o)
    It's funny.....with P90X, I was scared before starting each new workout....I guess because it's 'challenging'..to say the least. But so far, I've been able to do most things. That feels awesome to me. SO I guess the same thing will happen for me with Core Synergistics. I hope :o)

    Btw...if you're working hard, you ARE bringing it! Don't doubt yourself. It's not a competition with Tony, or any of those crazy fit people, it's a competition with yourself. You bring it one day, and the next time you do that exercise, you bring it some more! That's the great thing about P90X...we have the opportunity to progress the more we do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too was nervous when I first started the program, It felt like it was the day of the big game and I was about to get my but kicked by the best team.

    Core is difficult, but I think anybody who undertakes this program is going to have their confidence elevated, I can see it in your post already, you'll know that you can do it the moment you push play.

    I'm pretty sure I'm bringing it, I'm just not patient enough. I want my 90 day body NOW! lol!
    But like you said I can see the changes in the mirror, the proof is staring back at me and that makes me want to bring even more!

    ReplyDelete