Friday, October 23, 2009

Day 33 of P90X - Rest

Today is lost. My work schedule didn't allow me anytime to work out before hand and only a small window afterwards. Unfortunately that small window of time was spent crawling through the attic with an auger in an attempt to unclog our dryer vent...arrrrgh! Talk about a pain in the...man! I fought with it and fought with it and come to find, out all it took was a little bit of cussin and bam...DONE!

So, I've thrown the towel in on today's workout and I'm sipping on a beer instead. Whats worse is one of the teachers at work bought me lunch for helping her wash one of her students wheelchairs. I couldn't refuse her generosity, besides, I wanted it...I wanted it bad. Now i haven't had any fast food in like 6 weeks and let me tell you it was good, sinfully good. We're also planning on going to a bonfire Saturday night, which means beer, burgers and brats.I think that's going to be my last hurrah for awhile. I can't be true to my goals all week long and then set aside my dedication and hard work for a good time,even if is for just one night.The thing that sucks is I hate the leg routine and I was so ready to go beast mode on it today!

Every week is better than the last and I really want to finish it out strongly. So today will be my rest day and I'll do back & legs tomorrow and Kenpo X on Sunday. I feel like after nearly 5 weeks of this, there's a lot more that I can give. The last time I made slight adjustments to the work out, my body responded positively. So Monday I'm planning on doing some modifications again, a few lifestyle changes, adjusting my work out time and more. I've got my end goal in mind and nothings going to stop me from reaching it. 57 more days to go.

Inspirational quote of the day

"The achievement of your goal is assured the moment you commit yourself to it."

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you got a workout in today anyway. Physical and mental.. Don't kick yourself for caving. Some times a freeday is what you and your body need to get over that starving thing. It is actually preached in the Body For Life book by Bill Phillips. He encourages it every Sunday. I don't but hey.... Have fun at the bonfire EAT responsably and move on.
    Ask yourself WHAT WOULD TONY DO? That crazy bas---d. Gotta burn the goo.
    Keep the momentum going and don't stop!!!
    --Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah my good buddy Steve, can always count on you. It's gonna be a rough weekend for sure. I'm hoping to counter balance it with some hard work though, maybe break even.

    You gonna be ok these next few weeks? Be strong! We can't be having our motivational guru buckle. You got my support 100% bro! And I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Tony's a crazy sum b_tch!

    ReplyDelete