Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day 45 of P90X - Halfway Home

The Turning Point

I can't believe how far I've come in 45 days and I can't believe how fast they've gone by. Now that I'm half way through this I'd like to take some time and reflect on what the last 45 days have meant to me. The first thing I want to address is how tough this is. Its hard, at times downright grueling. Let me give you just one example, Kenpo X is 58:45 long and your given four 90 second breaks and those breaks are spent running in place and doing jumping jacks, that's your break. Secondly, I'm sore everyday and everywhere. I don't think I do a good enough job getting this message across; even though I'm painfully sore, I still feel better than I've felt in years. Its hard to explain. Before most work outs I'm always thinking, "How am I going to this when my bodies killing me?" but not only am I able to do it, I'm able to do it better, longer, farther and heavier than before.This translates into the real world as well, I may be sore, tired and hurting but when called upon, my body responds in ways I thought were long forgotten.


I've had a personal goal set even before I turned 40 and that was to be in as good of shape as I was when I was 20. I now know that's not gonna happen and I'm ok with that. Whats the saying? Aim for the Heavens, if you fall short, you'll still be amongst the stars. But I do feel like I'm in better shape now than I was at 30 and that says a lot, like I've rolled back 10 years of my life. I'm now able to carry a subtle confidence that I lacked as a super fit 20 year old kid. Sure, that cat was in pretty good shape but I have him beat, because now, I really believe I can do anything I put my mind to.


At the rate I'm going I can't imagine what my 90 day results are going to be. I truly am getting better and better. I can look in the mirror and see the results, my once challenging job has become easier and I have a weird calmness thing about me going on, kinda of feel like I'm in the "right" place? Stress has been fleeting and happiness has been abundant. I really owe a lot to this system but at the same time, I made the decision to do this and I've put in all the hard work so I'm taking all the credit, its mine to own and I deserve it. 45 more days to go? I'm ready to Xplode!


-


Inspirational quote of the day

"If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results."

3 comments:

  1. Spot on, Dave.
    You've done the hard work. You've made P90X a habit. From now it just gets better, and on your good days you'll just destroy these workouts.
    Apart from the physical benifits, there really is a mental benifit too, isn't there? It's like the only thing you need to decide is what you want, and then plan how to get there, and then all you have to do is do the work. It can be a grind, but so what? Do your best, forget the rest.
    Congrats on the halfway, mate. Good job... so far.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn brother thanks a million. After a hard day at work its great to come home and see such great encouragement.

    I know what you mean about the mental benefits. In many ways I feel like a different person, a better person. All I need to do is figure out what goal I want to accomplish next and Bring It and then smash it!

    Your really pouring it on as well ay? I noticed you've been putting in a lot of work recently, fantastic and your second round? BAM! People ask me what I'm going to do when I get done and I tell em...I'm doing it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dave. That was an awesome post. I definitely concur with EVERYTHING. I find that my body isn't as sore as I thought it should be though...maybe because I am refined-sugar-free/gluten-free...(causes inflammation). I have a bad back due to a snowmobile accident about 13.5 years ago....so I definitely thought that I'd be struggling with this...but I'm flourishing. I feel better than I have EVER felt, and that includes when I was only 107 pounds! I'm strong. I'm confident. I'm radiant. I am sooo pumped up from P90X, it's insane. My husband has decided to start it next month on his holidays so I'll have my very own P90Xer to share the 'feeling' with who will understand what it is that I'm going on about and why.
    When I'm done this round at the end of Dec. I'm starting up again mid January...and I think I'll be doing another round after that. THEN I'm going to try P90X Doubles! I LOVE P90X!!

    ReplyDelete