Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day 2 of P90X - Plyometrics


Oh geez, just finished plyometrics which are dynamic jumping exercises, fifty-eight minutes worth. Pretty intense, probably more so if I were fit. Not surprising, I wasn't even close to keeping up but I finished it.
Considerably sore,felt like I slept in a gravel bed, tossing and turning all night. Lets see what else,oh my diet. Ate really well yesterday feeling pretty good inside. Keeping a nutrition diary, this is a run down of what I ate yesterday and a guideline for what I'll be eating for the next 90 days:

Breakfast

  • 2 cups of coffee (gotta have it)
  • 2 slices multi grain toast w/ low fat peanut butter
  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup of chocolate milk for recovery
Mid morning snack
  • Fruit smoothie: blueberry,blackberry,raspberries,1/2 banana ,low fat yogurt & OJ (Charlie loves em)
Lunch
  • 4 oz sirloin steak trimmed
  • 1/2 low fat cottage cheese
  • Freshly steamed veggies: broccoli,cauliflower,carrots and baby spinach leaves
Mid afternoon snack

  • 1 apple
  • 1 serving of mixed nuts
  • V8 juice low sodium
Dinner

  • Turkey wrap, whole grain tortilla shell,low fat mayo,mustard,onion and spinach leaves
  • Mozzarella stick
  • 1 serving grapes
  • 32 oz green tea lightly sweetened

Mid evening snack

  • low fat tuna salad w/ high fiber wheat thins

Of course I plan on switching up my proteins, fruits and vegetables every other day. Working on a calorie count now, really have no idea what I want my range to be. Just trying to maintain a clean diet for now. 88 more days to go.

Inspirational quote of the day

"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is."

1 comment:

  1. Wow! We are so proud of you!! Your little brother read it too.... (moved to actual falling tears but you did not hear it from me!) and said he was so happy for and proud of you! What a great daddy and hubby you are! It is wonderful to do for yourself, but even greater to care enough to want to try to be around as long as you can for Krista and the kids too!! Keep up the great job!

    ReplyDelete