Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Pre90x day 8

A little late in my post today. Got up at 5:30 this morning to the pitter patter of rain ...darn, back to bed I went. I crawled out of bed at 7:30 to get the kids up and off to school and I felt pretty bad for missing my a.m. run. So I decided I'd give Cardio X a shot, what the hell was that, when I finished I was sweating buckets and my legs felt like wet noodles. That was even after numerous pauses. Wanted to quit several times but I finished it and feel great for doing so but man this is going to be tough.

Chin up bar arrived yesterday and I decided to assemble it today, figured I rip out a couple of reps, ya right, that was a humbling experience. I can't believe how weak I've become, even Charlie was showing me up...

Oh well I'm not really discouraged, In fact I think I'm a little bit more determined to do this. On a side note, what a beautiful day.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dave,
    Good luck with the X starting Monday. It is going to kick your ass, but don't let that stop you. I rememeber the first time I did Ab Ripper X - I couldn't because I was laughing too much. "You want me to do what? and 25 times?" But in a month I could do all the reps, and in 3 months it was nothing. The human body is an amazing thing.
    My advice? Forget the running, enjoy the weekend, become a member of as many P90Xer blogs as you can find, get everything set up ie workout space, equipment, TV, supplements - make a 90 day schedule with all your workouts - and then on Monday BRING IT! You will be a machine for 90 days.
    Good luck!
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jim ,
    Thanks for the reply and words of encouragement. No doubt next week is gonna be hell, oddly enough I'm looking forward to it. I've never been keen to doing ab work and I'm sure your comments about it will make me chuckle when Tony starts barking out orders.

    The running is sort of a personal thing. You see me and my brother in law are kind of in a competition with each other but he don't know it. The short of it is, sometime back he ran a 5k and later I bested his time by a minute. He then runs one last week, blows my time away by four minutes!

    I'm hoping the improved health I get with p90x will translate in to being better runner but ya, I'm definately going to curtail my running for now and focus soley on p90x.

    Thank again, ready to BRING IT!
    Dave

    ReplyDelete