Thursday, December 17, 2009

Day 74 of P90X - Cardio X

Well what started out as being Back & Biceps ended up being Cardio X due to an earlier injury. Way back on Dec. 7th I blogged about pulling something on the inside part of my forearm. It's not to bad unless I attempt any kind of curling or pulling motion and then it hurts pretty good, so I gave up on just the 3rd exercise of the day. I was really ticked off but all is not lost. Instead of packing it up and calling it a day, I figured I can always improve my cardio and burn some extra calories and that's just what I did. Kinda stinks cause I think I'm going to have to lay of arms & back for a little while and seeing how I'm coming to the end of this I won't be able to expect any more improvements there.

I really don't think I'm gonna meet my expectations when I wrap this up and it's not the systems fault, it's mine. But I'm okay with it, I've said all along that I'm going to this again when I get finished. Maybe learn from my mistakes, plan things a little better and bring it a little bit harder. It would be all to easy to beat myself up over not giving it my all here recently but I ain't going to. I still feel absolutely amazing as compared to what I felt like before I started this. For me, getting in shape is going to be a lifelong journey, not a 90 day episode. 16 more days to go.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Dave. You know, you said something that I thought was awesome... "I still feel absolutely amazing as compared to what I felt like before I started this. For me, getting in shape is going to be a lifelong journey, not a 90 day episode.".....how are your expectations now? You likely came into this program with the goal of becoming fit...well, you ARE much more fit than when you started. You likely have more stamina, you're more flexible, you're stronger, mentally, you're in a zone that this IS a lifestyle and not just something to say you did. I think that is success! You should be very proud of yourself. You didn't quit when injuries plagued you, or you got sick...that's HUGE! The next round of P90X, man, I know you're gonna rock it. And I'm fairly sure that most people see the majority of their results, the ripped abs, the muscle definition after doing this program more than once. SO, P90X on, buddy...and smile. You're doing fabulously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Your right, I do feel incredible! I've said it before, in the past I always worked out to look better, bigger. This time I'm really attracted to reclaiming my health and thats why I chose this system. I've seen so many testimonies from p90x users who said "not only do I look great but I'm also SUPER fit" thats what hooked me in and its SO TRUE!

    I'm already starting to plan my 2nd round, getting a heart rate monitor, some more weights better planning. I have so much room for improvement that my results and the way I feel should be off the hook after doing this twice. Heck I'll even have time to get a 3rd round in before summer if I wish to.

    Anyways I wanted to say thank you for all your support and all your kind words, they really have meant alot to me. You should really consider becoming a beachbody coach or something. Have a Merry Chrstmas and a Happy New Year!!! Btw, I love the new profile pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why thankyou. You know I LOVE encouraging people! There's more power in numbers...if you have someone in your corner, it seems easier. Anyway, I think this next round, both you and I will Kill it!

    ReplyDelete