Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 2 - Run

Well Tony always talks about modifying but I'm going way of the charts here! We've got this huge treadmill in our bedroom now, right smack in the middle of where I do my cardio routines. I don't know that I would be able to complete the cardio and stretching routines and be able to continue with my running program. So, since I'm planning on entering as many 5k's as possible ( as soon as the weather breaks) I've decided to forgo the cardio aspects in favor of concentrating on my running. I'm still going to do the strength routines on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and I'll probably do the recovery weeks as well.

All this means is that I still won't be able to complete this program as prescribed but I'm ok with that. My end goal is to be in the best shape possible no matter how I get there. My short term goal is to run a 24 minute 5k which means I'll need to shave nearly 4 minutes off my best time, I can do that. As I've described before, I'm doing a 2o minute set of high intensity interval runs which is basically laid out like this:

1. 4 minutes warm up
2. 30 seconds high intensity, 1 minute low intensity
3. 45 seconds high intensity, 1 minute low intensity
4.60 seconds high intensity, 1 minute low intensity
5. 90 seconds high intensity, 1 minute low intensity
6. 60 seconds high intensity, 1 minute low intensity
7. 45 seconds high intensity, 1 minute low intensity
8. 30 seconds high intensity,
9. 4 minutes cool down

I plan on adapting more aggressive programs (i.e. 24-30 minutes with lower rest periods) in the coming weeks but for now I'll just try to best my previous runs.

Today's run:

20:00 minutes
1.534 miles
3.7 mph low intensity/6.7 mph high intensity

Lets see what else, oh, was able to weigh in last night, 217 lbs, my exact starting weight of nearly 3 months ago. Still not considering "dieting" just planning to clean it up some, cut out the garbage and be more responsible with my portions. I was able to get down to 206 last time and my goal this time is an even 200, I know I can do that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment